Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Rehearsal: Prequel to a Gig

It wasn't the rehearsal, but it was a rehearsal. And a very short one, at that. We rehearsed? (the spellchecker has no problem with it, so I guess it's a word) for a little more than two hours. Which is very short. In fact, it's the shortest rehearsal we've ever had. I, as well as the others, was amazed.
Spash wasn't in attendance because he had some work to do (no, he wasn't drunk this time). That's part of the reason why we were so brief. We couldn't play three songs in which he plays the solos, but that's not really it--I improvised a little and it sounded okay. Here's the thing. Some of us noticed that two weeks ago, when Spash also wasn't in attendance, we played really well--in fact, we could've gladly posted videos on YouTube if someone had remembered to record the damn thing. Last week, Spash was with us, and... it did not all sound very well; some arrangements had to be made and all that. And yesterday, we played awesomely! No, we played awesomely awesome! I like this, because it's awesome! Hah, but seriously, it was really awesome!
So, you may ask yourself, why did we not stay and play, if it was so awesomely awesome? The answer is, sadly, no more songs all of us know. Mata knows Led Zeppelin, Pero and I know November Rain, Johny knows Iron Maiden and so on. But, other than these eight songs we've agreed to play together so far, there are really few we all know. And those we do know, they are either really dull or extremely stupid. So, we departed. Some home, some to their girlfriends, and some, like me, to beer! (heh)
We settled on L.A. Woman for the next week, which is kind of not very easy to learn by ear, as I do, but what can a man do. *sigh* And, nothing of the keyboards yet, because Spash is the man who hath understanding of this beast, and he's doing work, as I've already said.
Time to rap up, for I'm repeating myself. I promise videos next time. No, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment